In the spirit of St. Francis of Assisi and our foundress Clara Pfaender, the mission of our Province is to live the gospel life, discovered in prayer and community. Through loving presence and service we foster personal and community growth as we respond to the needs of the church and the times.
Through our philosophy of Human and Community Development, we emphasize:
Respecting each person:
- We respect and uphold the sacredness of human life and the dignity and worth of each person. (Gn. 1:26-27; 2:7)
- We empower each other and others in physical, emotional, intellectual, and spiritual growth and healing. (Jn. 10:10; Mt. 10:7-8, 12)
- We respond to those in need, giving preference to the poor and oppressed. (Is. 58:6-7; Mt. 5:7)
- We promote justice and peace for all in collaboration with others. (Is. 42:6-7; 1 Cor. 12:4-7, 12)
Creating caring communities:
- We create caring communities in which the needs of those serving and being served are met. (Eph. 2:19-22)
- We live a life centered in Christ, integrating prayer and action. (Gal. 2:20; Mt. 5:13-16)
- We witness the gospel values of justice, reconciliation, peace and love. (Is. 61:1; Jn. 13:34-35)
- We foster shared responsibility. (Gal. 6.2, 5, 7, 9; Ex. 18:24-26)
We live this mission in our daily lives with open hearts and a desire to be a presence of blessing as expressed in our 2012 Province Chapter Statement.